ABOUT THE DIRECTORATE
The Directorate of Medical Education, Assam, Training and Research, Assam was established in the year 1984 under the control of Health & Family Welfare Department, Government of Assam. Institutions under the Directorate are listed here.
FUNCTION OF THE DIRECTORATE
- To promote expertise in medical science in different streams like Allopathic, Ayurvedic and Homoeopathic medicine and paramedical science.
- To promote health care facilities to the people of Assam through different hospitals under the Directorate.
- To develop and sustain the medical education through proper planning.
- To promote research in the field of medical science in the state of Assam.
- To develop human resources in medical science through different institutions under it.
- To control the Undergraduate,Post-graduate & Diploma admission into the various courses of Medical Colleges, RDC, RNC, Nursing Colleges,Pharmacy Institutes, Institutes of Paramedical Sciences & Medical Institute.
- Administrative control over all the colleges and hospital under it.
KEY OFFICIALS OF THE DIRECTORATE
|Dr. Anup Kumar Barman
MBBS, MD (Medicine), DM (Nephro)
|Director of Medical Education|
|Dr. B.P. Chakravarty
MBBS, MD (Medicine)
|Officer on Special Duty|
|Dr. M.K. Choudhury
MBBS, MD (Physiology)
|Additional Director of Medical Education|
|Controller of Examination|
|Joint Director of Medical Education|
|Deputy Director of Medical Education|
|Sri Dhruba Jyoti Borah, ACS||Additional Director (Administration) of Medical Education|
|Sri Sanjib Kumar Kalita||Finance & Accounts Officer|
|Senior Research Officer|
|Mrs. Kalpana Saikia||Asst. Research Officer|